The process to troubleshoot Hulu on Xbox one is very simple if implemented properly. If you find the problem is still at large, then you can update the app and check if the problem is resolved or not. Or, you can get in touch with Hulu experts via call or any other suitable medium as well.
Are you facing any problem in streaming Hulu content on Xbox one? If yes, then here are some suggestions that will help you in getting rid of this problem.
Hulu is an online streaming platform where you will find an array of live and on-demand videos on different devices like Xbox one, Roku and Fire TV stick.
The issue may encounter due to a number of reasons like poor connectivity and app problem. When you start streaming through the Hulu app, you may find the buffering issue. This only happens due to an internet connection.
How to fix the Hulu issues on Xbox one?
- General troubleshooting: If you are facing Hulu issues on Xbox one, then the first thing to do is perform the speed test of your network. Once you are done with the test, compare the speeds and check if the connection is Ok or not.
- Check subscription: Are you facing problem in log in to the account? If yes, then there are some steps that need to be followed.
- Go to ‘Account page’ and check the bill status.
- If required update the billing information.
- Check password: Some issues encounter due to password error. If you are entering the wrong password, then you won’t be able to login to the Hulu account.
- Check email address: For successful login, you need a valid email address for Hulu account. If you are having a problem with the email, then check the secondary email address and login with that email account.
- Test Network connection on Xbox console: If you are getting the problem with the Hulu streaming on the Xbox console, then check the network connection directly with the built-in test. This will help in detecting the problem prevails in the wireless if any. The steps to perform the speed test is given here as follows:
- Open home screen from Xbox one.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Click ‘Network’.
- Open ‘Detailed network’ statistics.
- Reinstall the app: To reinstall the app, log out of the app and highlight it. Go to ‘Manage apps’ and select ‘Internal’. Click ‘Uninstall’. This will flash the app from the device permanently.
- Clear cache: For this, turn off the box and wait for 20 seconds. After that, turn on the device again and check.
- Delete saved data: This will delete the saved data permanently from the Xbox device. You can’t retrieve the deleted data. You can take a backup before deleting it. Use any external device for taking backup of data.
- Open ‘Xbox’ home.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and tap on ‘System’.
- Check ‘Mass storage’.
- Go to ‘Manage storage’.
- Tap ‘View contents’.
- Click on ‘game’ followed by ‘manage’ option.
- Go to ‘Saved data’.
- Select the option menu to delete the files.